Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First

It seems like whenever they show blizzard footage, they always have to show a Mustang in the ditch.  I feel sorry for those who drive their Mustangs year round, and that is why I drive a front wheel drive Ford offering during the winter.  I learned the misery of rear wheel drive in the snow in a 1974 AMC Gremlin in college.  Tonight, as the blizzard rages outside, my Mustang sleeps safely in the garage.   I shop for a second set of rims to wrap the racing rubber around, for my automotive adventures this summer.

Not long ago, I dreamed someone stole my Mustang and the extra racing tires right out of my garage.  I was devastated and couldn't manage to dial the police to report it.  I set out on foot to go to the police station.  On the way there, a petite blonde in a black leather dress was operating a shoeshine stand.

I thought maybe with the way she dressed, she might be a bootblack and sat down for a shoeshine.  I was only wearing brown chukkas but I made comments about leather topics, to try to chat her up, I guess.  She didn't warm up to me.  Maybe she wasn't a bootblack, maybe she wasn't gay, maybe she wasn't into butches or maybe she just wasn't into me.  That's ok, I like them with a lot more meat on their bones anyway.

I woke up without the need to check reality, because I don't keep the racing tires in the garage in the winter, they are safe in the basement.  But I did peek into the garage window on the way to work, just to double check that the Mustang was still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment