Monday, May 23, 2011

Cowering Indoors :(

We had some storms Saturday night and some places got hammered pretty good.  I was going to go an autocross on Sunday but the weather report was ambivalent.  The rain was probably over, but there could be storms and they could be severe.  So I was scared to go.  And the weather was fine, there was no more rain or storms and I missed a fine day.  And I was very out of sorts about it.  I wouldn't talk on the phone to my girlfriend and it upset her greatly and needlessly.

At my car club meeting last Wednesday, the president announced that he had sent out an email about our track weekend but no one had signed up yet.  I didn't get that email, in fact, I am not getting much at all in the way of emails pertaining to the club.  Am I getting excluded on purpose or is his distribution list not as good as he thinks it is?  The attendance at the meeting was the lowest I have ever seen.  Are people bailing because of the presence of the butch dyke treasurer or because of the crappy economy and sky high gas prices?

Mr. Family Friendly is moving away and is no longer a part of the club.  How many allies of his are still in the club?  Why should I care, if I got elected twice, the second time with the current flattop haircut the probably tips everyone off to the fact that I am a butch dyke?   What if I started my own rival club- for adults only, where we are fucking on the hoods of our cars?  How cool would that be?  Where could we go the next time the gf is in town to do this and not get arrested?

I am going to the track weekend, not only because it will probably be my last.  I spent almost $1000 on tires and wheels just for this weekend. But I haven't signed up yet.  But I will.  And I want to go to the Corvette Club track days at our track.

The guy with the MR2 Spyder was in today, waving it in my face.  I told him about the autocross that will be at our local track.  Maybe he will run it and decide to keep it or he will find a buyer for it and then I can stop thinking about owning that car.  Or maybe he will bring it and run it and let me run it in a fun run and I will fall in love and have to have it.

This week someone is supposed to come and look at my daily driver and if she buys it, the Mustang will be my daily driver.  So now I am calculating, can I just get studded snow tires and drive it year round?  Or should I be sensible and trade it for a new Focus (the hatchback is back!) and just have one car?  Unless I buy the Spyder for a fun car.  Which would probably be a bad idea since I am heading towards a probably early retirement due to economic conditions or possible blindness?  Or just keep the Mustang as a daily driver and have the Spyder as the fun car?  Lots of time to think about this stuff.  Until time runs out this fall.  What am I going to drive to Little Rock?  How badly will I behave while I am there?

This car is so gorgeous and  would probably be a very decent autocrosser:



See?  It's like a baby Porsche!

No comments:

Post a Comment