Monday, August 29, 2011

Now I Want a Corvette

I spent a weekend hanging out with a Corvette Club.  I was one of two non-Corvettes there and we were asked "What would it take to bring you over to the Dark Side?"

Not much.

The models that appeal most to me are those from the 60's and 70's and it is possible to find Corvettes from the C3 and C4 (80's, not quite so appealing to me ) generations for reasonable prices.  However, I don't think my mechanical abilities are up to the challenge of taking care of a 30 or 40 year old car.

Since I was cheated out of going to Mid America Motorplex by Mother Nature, now I am planning to go to Motorsports Park Hastings in Nebraska next year to take a driving school and hopefully do it in a Grand Sport Corvette.  Then I can run with the Corvettes on their high speed day and get to use most of the oval at the Iowa Speedway.  I hope they can teach me to heel and toe.

So this won't be my last muscle car summer, unless I get a wild hair and replace the Mustang with a real sports car such as a vintage Corvette or a MINI Roadster.

The ex girlfriend has been swinging back and forth between angry recriminations and sweet pleadings for us to be reunited.  I think she probably wants to strangle me in my sleep and I guess if she did, that would save me the trouble of killing myself down the road when my vision or my health have deteriorated to where life is not any fun anymore.

But I'm not done living yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment