Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Well, don't I feel stupid.

One should always carefully study dimly remembered Bible texts before ranting about them.

I got my copy of The Book of Genesis, Illustrated by Robert Crumb today.

Abram became Abraham after Ishmael was born and before Isaac was born.  I suppose I could have edited my post and redacted the error, assuming anyone had even seen it.

I also got my copy of Are You My Mother by Alison Bechdel.  Whenever I order something from Amazon, I try to get it to the level where I get free shipping.  Because I am cheap.  I had saved the Genesis book for a very long time in my wish list, which anyone can see.  If there's something salacious I want, like an S&M book or movie or spanking novels, I don't put them in my wish list.  I can put them in my cart and then "save them to buy later" which is kind of a list of things I plan to get but just not right now.

I got a Kindle for reading at work at lunchtime.  Right now I'm reading the first book of the Marketplace series.  The nice thing about the Kindle is you can carry quite a library with you.  There's a lot of stuff you can get for free, like the Bible, poetry and classic literature.  But for graphic novels, like from Bechdel or Crumb, I think hardcovers are still the way to go.

1 comment:

  1. Eh. Abraham, Abram. What's the difference, really? A schwa sound?

    (hey, don't worry about the tapu--already back)

    ReplyDelete