Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cars I see on the way to work

I saw a MINI Cooper Coupe today, black body with white stripes and a white roof with black stripes.  I didn't get close enough to see if it was a Cooper S or not.  I know if I get a MINI, it will definitely be an S and I was kind of hoping to get the MINI roadster but it may be a bad idea to be planning for my next car when I may not be able to renew my driver's license.

Driving at night is not so bad yet.  I use the GPS to help me figure out where to turn in unfamiliar territory since I can't read street signs at night and not that well in the day either.  Sometimes I turn her on even when I know where I am going, and then go the opposite direction just to hear her voice, begging me to "turn around when possible".  

I think things are going ok at my new job.  I think people feel they are safe there, because it is so big, we won't be affected by closings.  But I look at the dilapidated equipment and the tiny contract facilities popping up here and there and I think there is writing on the wall.  I just hope my knees and back hold up until my minimum retirement age.  They won't have to give me an incentive to go.  Sometimes you hear people say they'll go if they are given money.  Dude, they give you money now, they shower you with it.  Bank it and brace yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment