Monday, April 2, 2012

April Fools Day 2012- NASCAR at Martinsville

I clock in next to a break room that has a television and the NASCAR race at Martinsville was on TV.  Jimmie Johnson was in the lead and Jeff Gordon was in second.  I was hoping the race would end before I clocked in but there were enough cautions to slow things down.  Then there were three laps to go- and another caution.  I had to clock in and leave.

I found out after I got home that there had been a crash when they got going again and Jimmie and Jeff were involved.  I couldn't even find the crash on YouTube.  Just the footage of Ryan Newman winning.

That was one of the things I knew I'd be giving up in transferring to this job.  Besides not being able to participate in autocross anymore, I'd miss the races on the weekends on TV.  Unless I caught them before I clocked in while waiting in the break room.

No comments:

Post a Comment