Sunday, November 20, 2016

Frye Jonathan Roper Waxed Suede

When I was picking out a few things from Sheplers' Columbus Day sale, I made the mistake of looking at their sale boots.  Somehow I came across the Frye ropers at $150 down from $400 in size 7.  I was mostly attracted to the waxed suede leather, it just looked really nice and I was not disappointed.

There seemed to be a little more heel slip and more length in the toe than the LL Bean Katahdin Iron Works boots (made by Chippewa) but comparing the outside dimensions doesn't reveal a lot of difference.


I just deal with it with thick socks and adding Dr. Shoal's insoles if I think that helps although I have not added them to the suede ropers yet.  We are getting into winter soon and I am not wearing "fashion boots" in the snow.



No comments:

Post a Comment