Sunday, April 17, 2011

Does it have to be the last?

As I changed my wheels this morning and admired my sleek black car in the sun, I thought to myself, "I am NOT trading off this car."  The offer to buy the other car has probably evaporated, so things will probably stay as they are for now.

I guess I forgot through the long bitter winter how much fun I have with that car.  Sometimes I get new car fever and search the inventories of local dealers.  But I remind myself that any new car will probably have some drawback that will make it less fun.  The new Mustangs are harder to drive, Sam Strano said so.  Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a car he won a championship in.

I may not be the fastest with my "get it in second and leave it there" strategy, but I doubt I would do much better rowing back and forth through the gears on a six speed.

I still have a longing for a convertible, and if I got an automatic, I probably wouldn't want to try to race it.  I'd like to have the new Mustang because the engine gets much better mileage.  I guess I could wait on that until next year when maybe I could find a 2011 for a little cheaper than they are now.

I hope the weather is nice in October since I guess I'll be driving my current Mustang to Little Rock.  I've been caught in snow in it before, so it's not the worst thing in the world.

If they still had drag racing at our local speedway, I'd probably still be doing that and would have jumped all over that Shelby at our local dealer.  I'd have drained my bank account and still had payments.  Guess I'm lucky they did quit them.

No comments:

Post a Comment