Friday, November 11, 2011

dd-wrt success!

So I was pretty frustrated because my client bridging wasn't connecting this computer to the internet.  I looked in the dd-wrt forums to try to find answers and someone posted my problem and got one of those answers that basically said you are an idiot.  It linked to posts that said don't get your software from the software page for you router, as I had done.  It said you had to do several hard resets before during and after the process and if they weren't timed exactly, things wouldn't work.  I was afraid I hadn't done this as thoroughly as I should.  It said to read the instructions, which I thought I had.

So I turned evertying off and I mean everyting in the house from this computer, all the way to the modem and went to bed.

I got up today and started turning everything back on.  This computer is dual booted with Ubuntu and 64 bit Vista and I have planned to get rid of the Ubuntu partitition for a while now because it's irritating that it boots to it by default.  So when I came back in here to check things, I tried the internet just for fun. 

It was there.  So all I needed to do was reboot everything.  Which I thought I had, at one point.  So something changed today that might not be ok tomorrow but for now, I was successful.

But I'll still read Networking for Dummies until I'm not a dummy anymore.

1 comment: