Monday, November 7, 2011

My First Blu-Ray Movie

Well it was another day in hell at the job I can't talk about.  But after I clocked out I met a retired co-worker at the back and we were visiting and I happened to mention I was heading to Wal-Mart to get my HDMI cable so I could use my new blu-ray DVD player and he said he had a cable at his house he wasn't using and I could have it.  I offered to pay for it but he said no, I'd worked on so many of his computers over the years, usually just for a six pack of beer, so he can have one on the house one of these days.

It looks nice and seems to be ok except for inexplicably stopping in the middle of the movie and returning to the beginning.  I took it back to the scene and it finished ok and hasn't done anything else weird.  Cars 2 is very entertaining and can be viewed many times.  I've got the director commentary going now.  I loved hearing Bruce Campbell's voice as a Mustang, although IMCDB called him a Dodge Challenger.  Wikipedia says his character is a "portmanteau" of a Challenger and a Mustang, which means blend to you, Bubba.  I don't keer, that front was pure Mustang.  And not to spoil anything but I just gotta say, my first car was a 1974 Gremlin and everything they say about them in this movie is true.

At lunch time I brought a basement computer upstairs and tried to set it up in the office but when I inserted the wireless usb, there were sparks!  When I placed the usb in every other available usb port, it said it couldn't load drivers for it and it was an unknown device.  The led would not come on.  When I put in the top usb ports (where it sparked) it was like both of those ports were dead, which might be the case after sparking, good grief.

So maybe I can get one of my other routers to get that computer online by using them as an access point.  That can be a project for that computer later on.  But tonight, I have forgotten to fix supper and I am very hungry and need to have something.

No comments:

Post a Comment