Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Holiday Aftermath

These long weekends are nice but they are a bitch when I go back to work.  Couple that with some one being on vacation and it means today will be hellish.  So I gave my self the day off from P90X.  And I'm having a beer tonight.

Teetotal-ling is not agreeing with me that much.  I keep waiting for the endorphins from exercise to make me all happy and it's not happening.  I used to love to work out but that seemed to end when I was 35.  Now I am 54 and am trying to not think life is over.  The numbers will never go up again, unless maybe I take testosterone, which I am sure would make me real happy.  But I don't think I like the idea of taking shots for the rest of my life.

I think my mistake this weekend was trying to keep up with them.  I can't do 25 reps on lunges or other weird leg exercises.  I should have just done 5 or ten and then I probably could have lasted the whole workout.  I'm not very sore now.  The next video is "kenpo".  After the massive yoga fail, I dread whatever this is.

I missed the butch-femme mini bash in Minneapolis this weekend.  With my libido gone, I just don't see the reason to be around people.  I wonder if I'll ever feel good (without drinking) again.

No comments:

Post a Comment