Thursday, October 13, 2011

First Night

There was a meet and greet with a bar and a DJ.  It was hard to have conversations over the loud music and a lot of people- not just the smokers- went out on the balcony to visit.  I spent most of my time visiting with a woman who lives here in town.  I walked up to a few people and introduced myself.  Most of these people have known each other for years, though.  So they have a lot to talk about.

The speed dating was cancelled because there weren't enough single femmes.  So they started up the karaoke and we watched that.  The woman asked to be walked to her car, since she had parked a couple of blocks away, so I did.  I went back for about another 20 minutes of the karaoke.  I was impressed with the people who are brave enough to get up and do that.

I am tired.  Socializing is hard.  I suck at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment