Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Vacation

I fell into my routine of not getting dressed-forgetting to eat-not leaving the house.  I had a big old Farscape watching marathon and I played games online endlessly.  My resolve to go to Little Rock is seriously weakened.

I finally stepped outside today to do some long overdue yard work.  I remembered I needed to change the wheels on my car.  The Focus may get better gas mileage for an 11 hour drive but it doesn't have cruise control. And I don't think I'd want to drive all the way down there on the Falkens, the Nitto Invo's will be a lot more comfortable.

The neighbor came over and asked a favor.  He doesn't have internet because he's changing providers and he guessed the signal he was seeing was mine because it had a car themed name.  He only needs to be on it for two weeks for school and then he'll have his own after that.  So I found my usb drive with my router key and let him have it.  And promptly shut down every computer in the house.  Especially the one with all the naked pictures on it.  It has a Google screen saver which uses a slideshow of pictures from my hard drive and sometimes I walk in to a picture of someone's shaved pussy.  But usually it's a picture of a car.  I have lots of pictures of cars.

So I'll leave all the computers shut off but the router and the modem on.  As long as there aren't any power failures, he'll be fine.

By the time I got the gardening done and I got to work on the wheels, it was getting dark and I had to do the last two tires with my lighted cap.  I remembered the centering ring on the first wheel, forgot it on the second and sure as hell remembered it for the last two wheels.  Thank God for the impact wrench making taking the wheels off more speedy and less exhausting.  I took the helmet and the rest of the race kit out of the car.

I haven't packed.  I have what I will wear to the prom, a blue blazer with blue chinos and Doc Marten wing tips. A shirt with french cuffs and Ford cufflinks and a Ford tie. Some guys have tuxes.  I wish I had the guts to get a tux. The rest of the time I'll wear boots and jeans.  I'll take my leather jacket but I bet it's hot down there.

I decided not to pack the BDSM stuff but yes to the safer sex stuff.  And the strap-ons.

I have a mammogram and a bone scan tomorrow morning and planned to head out once they are done with me.  Unless I crap out and don't go.

No comments:

Post a Comment