Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Delays

My boss indicated it might take as long as a month for me to get out of here.  Low Man on the Totem Pole will probably get out sooner, leaving me in the situation I dread.

It's my opinion he is doing this to torture me, I think nothing would make him happier than to see me drop dead from a heart attack or have to be hauled away because of a nervous breakdown.

The elation I felt yesterday knowing I would be leaving soon has been replaced by the disappointment that it will not happen soon enough and what is left will be pretty bad.  I got an email that one of my help desk tickets was resolved.  There was a link in the email where you can go to a page if you need to reopen the ticket, but the page didn't work when I got there.  Because my issue was not resolved and I was not happy about this, since my customer was not happy I couldn't close out his business because of this.

Just when the system started to respond quickly to my input, someone would come back and interrupt me- I had to talk on the phone, or I had to go up front and by the time I got back, I'd be logged out and when I'd log back in, the system would respond very slowly or just randomly log me back out.


Kind of hard to be productive under those circumstances.


And most of this talking on the phone stuff is explaining State Department business.  I spend a lot of time explaining stuff to people about State Department policies and the State Department has a totally awesome web site that is very easy to use, navigate and search.  I am tired of being the State Department's bitch.  I am not a State Department employee and I do not appreciate their ever increasing fees and complexities in their rules.  That is another thing I won't have to deal with in the new job.

And up front, well, let's just don't talk about that.  Because that is why I have to leave.

But I can't resist finishing with the Stupid Person of the Day award, to the customer who asked us how to contact two of our competitors.  Could we give him their numbers?  No?  Well, where could he find those numbers?

I really got to get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment