Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Public Service Announcement for the US Department of State

I've been watching Lost, sort of having a marathon and I became very concerned about something.  Claire's baby needs a proper birth certificate, or he will never be able to get a passport.  I haven't watched to the end of the show yet, so I don't know if Kate tried to take care of this when she was home with him, posing as his mother but probably not.

What he would need is a certificate or maybe it's an affidavit, concerning his birth abroad.  While it was Kate who delivered him, I would think it is reasonable to say Jack was the attending physician, even though he was busy trying amputate a dying man's leg while the birth was in progress.  Since the island isn't really associated with any country, I imagine baby Aaron is in for a tough time getting his identity papers together.  If his mom was Australian, I guess that would make him Australian, unless Kate could pass him off as her own and make him American.

Assuming he is going to be American, he could go to travel.state.gov and figure out what he needs to do, because that site is very user friendly.  I recall a public service announcement that showed Uncle Sam in a hot tub with a bunch of people and one of the things he told them was that if the needed a passport, they should go to travel.state.gov to see what they needed to do.

We had another bad afternoon and I told Low Man another thing we wouldn't have to deal with at our new jobs- children.  Where we are going there won't be any children.  We also think there probably won't be any cell phones allowed there, we didn't see anyone yakking on one while we were there.

My laptop was shut off when I got home, I think from overheating since I hadn't left it on the Belkin fan.  It was getting hot and shutting off when I watched YouTube and FetLife videos, but now it's may have shut off from just sitting there.  That would be a good excuse to get a new laptop, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment