Thursday, January 12, 2012

Peeing on dead guys

So everyone is clutching their pearls over video released of Marines urinating on dead alleged Talibans.

I didn't set out to watch the video, golden showers aren't much my thing.  But as I read about the brouhaha, I recall a video I did see- the one where they sawed that one guy's head off with a knife.  The brutality of that man's death is the face of the enemy to me.

War is a nasty and brutal business.  We take our young men and train them to be nasty and brutal and then we are shocked when they are?  As far as I'm concerned, this was pretty tame.  Sure, it lacks class.  But I don't really know and can never comprehend what it is like for them over there.  And if a man can do something to keep himself sane and maybe come home with his mind intact and not cry in his sleep and wet his bed for the rest of his life, then it's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment